Top 5 Ways to Get Excited for Another DECA Year!
This summer the Nevada DECA State Officers were busy working on how to make this year exciting for members. So how can you and your chapter prepare for another awesome year of DECA? Here are the Top Five Ways to get ready for an amazing DECA year:
5. Recruit, recruit, recruit! This year, Nevada DECA will be implementing the National Membership Campaign that focuses on recruiting new chapter, alumni, and professional members. By doing this your chapter can receive fabulous prizes such as reserved seating at this year’s ICDC in Salt Lake City, Utah. Be sure to “Aspire Higher” towards greater membership! For more information go to deca.org.
4. Request a chapter visit. Over the summer your State Officer Team prepared workshops on topics such as running for state office and recruiting members they’re excited to share with you. Request a chapter visit today!
3. Prepare to participate. In addition to SCDC and ICDC, Nevada DECA’s calendar is packed with fun events like the CCSD DECA Picnic, the Fall Leadership Extravaganzas, the Western Region Leadership Conference, and the New York Experience where you can interact with DECA members from Nevada, the Western Region, and the world.
2. Lend a hand with Nevada DECA’s First Annual Golf Tournament, whether it be by recruiting golfers, finding tee sponsorships, or having your chapter make a prize contribution for the raffle. The goal of the golf tournament is to ensure Nevada DECA’s financial stability in the future and to help lower the cost of the International Career Development Conference.
1. Start prepping for the State Career Development Conference TODAY! The more you practice and train, the closer you get to wearing a medal or holding a plaque at SCDC. Did we mention this year it will be held at the Monte Carlo? Get started now to get ready to win on stage!
Posted on Wed, September 7, 2011
by nvdecalogin filed under