Over the summer months, the State Officers worked to create campaigns for members and chapters to participate in. Most of these campaigns have incentives that will benefit members and help them stay involved. We are all looking forward to see the awesome work chapter members produce! The three campaigns are listed below, read to see what you can do to win throughout the year!
#WeAreNVDECA Membership Campaign
There are three incentives for increasing your membership this year:
• For every total membership increase of 15 over last year's final membership number for your chapter, your chapter will receive a voucher good for one free DECA blazer from DECA Images. This incentive is repeatable, meaning that if you increase your membership by 30, your chapter will receive vouchers for TWO free blazers, and so on. Please note that the vouchers will only be good until the end of this year's ICDC, and that they do not include shipping costs (you will be able to redeem them at the DECA Images blazer booth at ICDC).
• All chapters who at least maintain their chapter membership from last year will receive preferred seating at SCDC. The chapters with the largest increases will be given the best seats, but all chapters who at least maintain their membership will be included in this seating prioritization.
• We are also covering the cost of your chapter's chaperones/adults at the double room rate for SCDC for any chapters under 100 members who increase their membership by 20% and any chapters over 100 members who increase their membership by 10% over last year's total. Please note that this covers only chaperones in double occupancy rooms.
• The deadline for all of these incentives is January 9, 2015.
#WeAreNVDECA Social Media Campaign
• We've already completed the first part of this campaign with our website scavenger hunt, but there are still four other ways for your chapter members to participate this year.
• The #IAmDECA Video Contest asks your chapter members to develop a short 1-2 minute video sharing why they ARE DECA. Videos will be judged by the State Officers and State Management Team, and the top two videos will receive gift cards and the chance to potentially have their videos shown at SCDC. The deadline for this contest is November 30 - please submit all videos here: http://bit.ly/1r7kipL
• We want you to nominate your chapter's most "DECA-cated" member and provide a photo of them by October 31. We'll feature them in a spotlight feature on Nevada DECA social media! Submit your entries here: http://bit.ly/1DnJEVt
• For our #DECADiamondChallenge, encourage your chapter to submit a photo on social media using this hashtag of them creating a DECA diamond with a group of people this month, and we'll highlight them on Nevada DECA social media!
• Finally, we'll be reaching out to chapters later in the year for the opportunity to design the cover photo for the Nevada DECA social media outlets!
"DECA DOMO" Video Contest!
We've all faced thechallenge of explaining DECA in the clearest way
possible. This is why we're introducing DOMO – DECA Offers Members
Opportunities! Encourage members to think about all of the amazing opportunities DECA has given them and create a 30-60 second video explaining how DECA Offers Members Opportunities! The deadline for this is November 30, and the first place entry will receive a complimentary registration for SCDC, while second place will receive $50 off SCDC registration! You can submit your chapter's videos here: http://bit.ly/1qj2HpI
Feel free to reach out to any of the State Officers if you have any further questions about any of these three Nevada DECA Campaigns!
Posted on Sun, September 28, 2014
by nvdecaofficer filed under