Start a Chapter
- Getting a DECA chapter started is a very straightforward process. The following is a suggested sequence for organizing a new chapter:
- Recruit interested students: A minimum of 10 students and one advisor who is a faculty/staff member at your school are all that you need to start a chapter.
- Meet with the appropriate school administrator from your school to get your DECA program approved.
- Contact Nevada DECA by sending an email to our State Director, Curtis Haley at [email protected] Please include all relevant contact details (e.g. school name, chapter advisor name, mailing address, email address, phone number, fax number, and any other relevant contact information.) Nevada DECA will follow up with information and materials to help assist you and will also ensure that DECA Headquarters sends along materials and information.
- Nevada DECA will then schedule a time to visit on the phone about next steps, answer questions, and assist as you get your chapter going. Your name and email address will also be sent to Chris Young, High School Division Director at DECA Headquarters. Chris sends out regular emails with helpful tips and pointers for new chapter advisors.
- Start planning meetings and activities for your new DECA chapter!
- If you are interested in starting a DECA Chapter request that a Chapter Starter Kit be sent to you.
DECA: Be a Hero in the Eyes of Your Students
Designed for new chapter advisors, this book focuses on six main topics:
- About DECA
- Advisor Roles and Responsibilities
- Chapter Management
- DECA Programs
- Gaining Support
- Cool Ideas
Resources for Starting a Chapter